Freelance book editor + blogger
Hi, reader! I’m Mollie. I’ve talked books on the internet since 2014 and, spoiler, I love it.
Book blogging is like my digital reading journal.
Here, you’ll find book reviews, reading lists, reader lifestyle content, author interviews, and the nitty gritty behind the editing and publishing process.
If you’re interested in editing, make sure to check out my guide on how to become a book editor.
For a decade, I’ve worked with publishers, editorial agencies, independent authors, and businesses on a variety of editorial projects—from proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing to story evaluation and editorial project management services.
Do you want to begin or expand a freelance editing career? Check out my e-course, Freelance Editing 101: Launch or Grow Your Editorial Business.
Work with me
Not sure what type of editing you’re looking for? I offer free sample edits to evaluate the level of editing needed before creating an estimate. You can learn more about my editing philosophy and editorial process or drop me a line to see if I’m the right fit for your project.
In general, I offer proofreading, copyediting, and content editing services as well as manuscript evaluations and one-on-one editor mentoring.
I charge by the hour for all editorial work, and my rates are within industry standards.
Aside from receiving my bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a minor in Creative Writing, I earned my Editing certificate at the University of Chicago Graham School, and I’m a contributing member of the Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network (Christian PEN) and a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA).
Editing-specific courses I’ve taken:
- Basic Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Intermediate Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Advanced Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Essentials of Grammar, University of Chicago Graham School
- Editing Electronically, University of Chicago Graham School
- Copyediting and Proofreading, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Editing Fiction I, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Editing Fiction II, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Developmental Editing, Author-Editor Clinic
- The Business of Freelance Developmental Editing, Author-Editor Clinic