Freelance editor + content creator
For nearly a decade, I’ve worked with publishers, editorial agencies, independent authors, and businesses on a variety of editorial projects—from proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing to story evaluation and editorial project management services.
In the digital marketing world, I’m an SEO content editor and have contributed to Health.com, SHAPE.com, EverydayHealth, Better Homes & Gardens, and more.
In 2020, I published an e-course called Freelance Editing 101: Launch or Grow Your Editorial Business.
Work with me
Not sure what type of editing you’re looking for? I offer free sample edits to evaluate the level of editing needed before creating an estimate. You can learn more about my editing philosophy and editorial process or drop me a line to see if I’m the right fit for your project.
In general, I offer proofreading, copyediting, and content editing services as well as manuscript evaluations and one-on-one editor mentoring.
I charge by the hour for all editorial work, and my rates are within industry standards.
Aside from receiving my bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a minor in Creative Writing, I earned my Editing certificate at the University of Chicago Graham School, and I’m a contributing member of the Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network (Christian PEN) and a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA).
Editing-specific courses I’ve taken:
- Basic Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Intermediate Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Advanced Manuscript Editing, University of Chicago Graham School
- Essentials of Grammar, University of Chicago Graham School
- Editing Electronically, University of Chicago Graham School
- Copyediting and Proofreading, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Editing Fiction I, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Editing Fiction II, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Developmental Editing, Author-Editor Clinic
- The Business of Freelance Developmental Editing, Author-Editor Clinic
I earn affiliate revenue through affiliate links on this site. This means if you use my affiliate links, merchants (such as Amazon) may track those links and pay me a small percentage commission on any sales that come as a result of visitors clicking those links. Anything I earn from these affiliate links is at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn affiliate revenue through Bookshop.org and Libro.fm.